Terms and Conditions
These Terms and Conditions shall apply to all agreements by and between Ubiqum Code Academy (Ubiqum), and the Student (Student), as identified and set forth in the General Conditions and Enrolment Form.
Ubiqum reserves the right to alter course dates at any time. Ubiqum’s policy is to commit to a starting date once 10 students have paid their deposits. If a deposit has been paid and the course date is to be altered, the Student will be notified at least 10 days in advance of the course starting. In case of alteration, the affected Student may request a full refund of their deposit should the revised starting date not be suitable. Alternatively they may start on any future starting date.
In all cases, Ubiqum requires the Student’s deposit before the starting date in order to secure their place. For online students, on-campus EU students, and Swiss students studying in Switzerland, the deposit is €500. For non-EU nationals, the deposit is €1500.
i). The Student may request a refund of their deposit if they have a visa refusal that prevents them from studying. In this case, the student must provide written evidence of their visa refusal.
ii). The Student may request a refund of their deposit if the Ubiqum starting date is changed or cancelled from the date they booked. In no circumstance is Ubiqum liable for any pre-booked accommodation or external factors to the Ubiqum course itself. This should be noted by Ubiqum students before they prepare travel and accommodation.
Questions and Complaints
- Administrative questions or questions about the content of the education service can be submitted via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Questions will receive a response within 10 working days from receipt of the question. If the question requires a foreseeably longer time to answer, the student or company will receive a confirmation of receipt from Ubiqum, and an indication of when a more detailed answer may be expected.
- Complaints about the implementation of the agreement can be submitted via email to email@example.com. Complaints must be submitted to Ubiqum as soon as possible after the Student or company has noted the perceived shortcomings. Complaints must be made as complete and clear as possible. A complaint submitted within two months is considered timely. If a complaint is not submitted within a reasonable time frame, the consumer or company may lose their rights regarding this matter.
- If a complaint cannot be solved between the two parties involved, the dispute may have to be submitted to the appropriate court in the city where the course takes place.
All complaints and the action taken by both parties are recorded. These records are kept and available for one year.
All information regarding Ubiqum or the Student that is shared or obtained by either party or even by a third party during the length of the agreement must be treated confidentially.
All course cancellations must be sent by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Cancellations must be submitted 14 days before the course starting date. After this period, the deposit will not be reimbursed under any circumstances.
- Switching to a different starting date is free of charge until 14 days before the starting date.
- All reimbursements will be paid by Ubiqum within 30 days.