Terms and Conditions
Please note that Ubiqum reserves the right to alter course dates. Ubiqum’s policy is to always commit to a starting date once 10 students have paid their deposits. If a deposit has been paid and the course date is to be altered, the student will be warned at least 10 days in advance of the course starting. The affected student in this case may request a full refund of their deposit should the revised start date not be suitable. Alternatively they may start on any future starting date.
Ubiqum requires in all cases a deposit from a student before the course start in order to secure their place. For local students the deposit is 400€ and for non-eu nationals the deposit is 1.500€. i). A student may request a refund of their deposit if they have an issue with their VISA that prevents them from studying. In this case, the student must provide written evidence of their VISA refusal. ii). A student may request a refund of their deposit if the Ubiqum course date is changed or cancelled from the date they booked. In no circumstance is Ubiqum liable for any pre-booked accommodation or external factors to the Ubiqum course itself. This should be noted by Ubiqum students before they prepare travel and accommodation.
If you require Visa support, Ubiqum can assist you personally from the Barcelona office. Ubiqum is affiliated with a local university which is certified by the Universidad Politécnica de Catalunya. In order to avail of this support, Ubiqum requires a one-off non-refundable payment of 150€ for administrative costs. Ubiqum is not liable for student visa rejections, but is here to assist students in the process.
Ubiqum provides a list of local accommodation for students’ stay in Barcelona. Some locations have an Ubiqum discount, but please note that Ubiqum does not offer official accommodation as part of their services. Local on the ground support will be provided, but this is of an informal nature and we cannot guarantee to solve all students’ individual issues.
Questions and Complaints
- Administrative questions or questions about the content of the education service can be submitted via email to email@example.com Questions will be replied to by Ubiqum within 10 working days, from the date on which he/she received the question. If the question requires a foreseeably longer time to answer, the student or company will receive a confirmation of receipt from Ubiqum, and an indication of when a more detailed answer may be expected.
- Complaints about the implementation of the agreement can be submitted via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Complaints must be submitted to Ubiqum as soon as possible after the student or company has noted the perceived shortcomings. Complaints must be made as complete and clear as possible. A complaint submitted within two months is in any event considered timely. If a complaint is not submitted within a reasonable time frame, the consumer or company may lose his or her rights regarding this matter.
- If a complaint cannot be solved between the two parties involved, it becomes a dispute that may have to be submitted to the appropriate court in the city where the course takes place.
All information regarding Ubiqum or a student that is shared/or obtained between/by both parties or even by a third party during the length of the agreement must be treated confidentially.
All cancellations must be sent by email to: email@example.com
- The legal reflection period is 14 days, from the registration date. After this period, the students will lose his reservation fee (400€) in all cases.
- Shifting to another start date will be possible free of charge until two weeks before the start date.
- Cancellation within 10 days prior the course: 10% of the course will be claimed.
- All reimbursements will be paid by Ubiqum within 30 days.